Happy end to snowy April and come on sunny May! I will be in sunny Orlando May 1-5 but I will be mostly inside attending a seminar. I do plan to get some sunlight every day for my pineal and my vitamin D production.
I got the quiz listed below from the Cambridge Institute for Better Vision. They believe in nutrition and eye exercises to help many vision problems. http://www.bettervision.com/RWG2013-04-lnd.html
How Many Of These 10 Questions Can You Get Right?
Your eyes won't stay healthy by themselves. They count on you to take care of them. The right care begins with the right knowledge. How will you score on this quiz?
1. People with a low level of which nutrient will be 7 times more likely to develop cataracts:
B. Vitamin E
C. Vitamin D
2. Harvard University research has shown that six milligrams per day of which nutrient can cut the risk of Macular Degeneration by 43%?
B. Vitamin A
C. Vitamin C
3. To improve cataracts, it's important to increase levels of:
B. Vitamin B-6
4. Lower levels of this nutrient doubles the risk for Macular Degeneration:
A. Vitamin E
B. Vitamin B-12
5. Bilberry helps to:
A. Cut the risk of cataracts
B. Strengthen the capillary walls
C. Improve night vision
6. What percentage of the nutrients we absorb from food goes to feed our visual system?
7. To fight Macular Degeneration, it's important to avoid coffee because:
A. It reduces retinal blood flow by 13%
B. It increases the hardening of the lens
C. It doesn't matter: coffee doesn't affect the eyes
8. By the year 2030, it's estimated that how many people in the United States will have Macular Degeneration?
A. 7 million
C. 30 million
9. The eye has the highest concentration of any body part of which vitamin?
A. Vitamin B-12
B. Vitamin C
C. Vitamin E
10. The best food source for Lutein is:
A. Sweet potatoes
2. A: Lutein
3. A: Glutathione
4. C: Selenium
5. A, B & C
6. A: 25%
7. A: It reduces retinal blood flow by 13%
8. C: 30 million
9. B: Vitamin C
10. C: Kale
We carry a great product called Visio-Plex that has those nutrients and more in them for nourishing your eyes. The multivitamins we use like Spectrient and Bio-Multi (+) also have most of those nutrients as well. There are lots of books written about eye exercises that help improve your vision. Dr. Bates wrote the first one back in the 40’s and they do help strengthen your eyes.
Pain in the Neck
I would like to thank Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and whoever else was responsible for Smart Phone technology and tablets. You have been a big boost to my profession for creating chronic neck pain in patients with these amazing gadgets. I first noticed it one day walking around North Boulder Park with my daughter. Instead of enjoying the sun and the views, the people sitting on the benches or the ground had their chins slammed down against their chests totally enamored with their phones. I see it everywhere and it is creating neck problems even in kids. Our free neck and back exercise sheet can help reverse some of the problems caused by these modern marvels, but you have to do the exercises daily.
We will be closed Monday 5/27/13 for Memorial Day. Enjoy!